The Professional Teaching Council of Western Australia (PTCWA) is the peak body representing voluntary professional education associations within Western Australia. As an umbrella body representing individual associations, PTCWA represents over 9,000 teachers across all sectors and all learning areas.
The key aim of PTCWA is to promote professionalism in teaching through an enhancement of the work of professional education associations. It provides a wider context for the work of these associations through facilitation of networking and communication between individual associations.
Professional education associations are autonomous groups of educators with a particular area of educational interest. Association members are brought together by their passion for education and their desire to enhance quality teaching and learning through continued growth and development of their craft in an area of shared interest.
For a list of professional education associations in Western Australia, click on our ‘Members’ tab.
The following benefits are available to associations with PTCWA Membership:
- Public Liability Insurance provided through the PTCWA insurance policy – this provides cover for all standard Association events;
- Opportunity to be listed on PTCWA’s centralised listing of all professional education associations in the state;
- Opportunity to advertise your Association’s Professional Development and Professional Learning events on the PTCWA Calendar of Events;
- Assistance with online communication – email and web site development;
- Professional Learning opportunities on a range of topics;
- Contact with the wider educational community including opportunities to share issues of common interest;
- Lobby on behalf of professional associations at both the State and National levels;
- A combined voice for State and National educational issues;
- Opportunity for networking and collaboration between member associations;
- An opportunity to receive regular updates from the Executive.
For further details about any of these member benefits contact [email protected]
|President||Chris Callus||Australian Association for Religious Education (AARE)|
|Vice President||Dr Barbara Combes||Western Australian School Library Association (WASLA)|
|Secretary||Helen Bunstead||Australian Association for Religious Education (AARE)|
|Treasurer||Phyllis Paioff||Western Australian School Library Association (WASLA)|
|Executive Officer||Jonathan Dutton||Association of Independent Schools of Western Australia - Libraries (AISWA)|
|Committee||Cathy Baron||History Teachers Association of Western Australia (HTAWA)|
|Leo Conti||Geographical Association of Western Australia (GAWA)|
|Helen Kuehs||Modern Language Teachers' Association of Western Australia (MLTAWA)|
|Ma Xuanli||Chinese Language Teachers' Association of Western Australia (CLTAWA)|
|Michelle Murphy||Level 3 Classroom Teacher Association (L3CTA)|
|Cheryl O'Connell||Political and Legal Educators' Association of Western Australia (PLEAWA)|
|Nick Ognenis||Economics Teachers' Association of Western Australia (ETAWA)|
|Lynne Rockliff||Modern Language Teachers' Association of Western Australia (MLTAWA)|
|Denisse Scasserra||Western Australian Association for Teachers of Italian (WAATI)|
|Maria Svarnou||West Australian Modern Greek Language Teachers' Association (WAMGLTA)|